The government is committed to increasing the quantity and quality of apprenticeships and has set a target of 3 million new apprentices by 2020. The introduction of the apprenticeship levy, planned for implementation in April 2017, is designed to support the achievement of this ambitious aim and to put employers at the centre of the apprenticeship system.
These are huge changes and may seem daunting, but Semta can support you every step of the way. Our proud heritage “engineering” apprenticeships in the sector for over 60 years means our experts can help you to get the best return on your levy investment by:
Semta has unrivalled sector experience and expertise. This means we are uniquely placed to share best practice from our knowledge of apprenticeship standards across the sector, make sure employers’ voices are heard when responding to government enquiries and act as the collective voice of engineering employers.
To help you and your team to understand how the levy may impact on your business your can download our free factsheet and resources.
You can also view our regular policy alerts to receive the latest apprenticeship intelligence, including information about any employer or stakeholder events we are running.
If you’d like one-to-one, tailor-made support with workforce planning and maximising your levy investment, from scoping to implementation - Semta can help. You’ll be given access to experts from across the Semta Group to help you consider where apprenticeship provision can support your talent pipeline across all parts and levels of your business.
We can also support you to identify the right apprenticeship standards and ensure your apprentices are enrolled on the right programme and progress onto higher attainment, delivering for your business.
If you need to create a new high quality apprenticeship for your industry Semta can help. We’ve been “engineering” apprenticeships for over 60 years and can provide you with expert support every step of the way, from initial submission to implementation of the apprenticeship standard including:
- Designing and developing the apprenticeship trailblazer standards
- Providing technical expertise and secretariat services
- Designing and delivery of assessments and qualifications
- Offering external quality assurance of apprenticeship providers
With our unrivalled sector experience and expertise, Semta can provide a seamless end-to-end solution to businesses. This includes:
- Fully supporting the management of the recruitment process for the apprentice, leaving you to make the final decision, using first class systems and expert teams
- Supporting and developing in-house training and assessor teams
- Managing all the paperwork and providing practical help to access funding
- Ensuring your apprentice is enrolled on the right programme and progresses onto higher attainment, delivering for your business
Semta offers a unique end-to-end service. We’ll take care of everything for you, from organisational skills needs analysis to full apprenticeship programme implementation and on-going management – so you can concentrate on other business priorities. We can:
- Deliver tailor-made consultancy to make the levy work for your business
- Create the infrastructure on which your organisation’s apprenticeship programmes operate
- Recruit and train your apprentices
- Manage the administration of the levy for you via the digital voucher system
- Broker the distribution of any unspent levy to your supply chain
- Provide on-going support during the life of the apprenticeship
Did you know that competitions can count towards the 20% off the job training requirement for apprenticeship standards! -Download the guidance here