The UK’s engineering and advanced manufacturing sector has the science-base, skills and future pipeline of talent needed to be world class.
Proactively support employers in the engineering and advanced manufacturing sector to inspire and create the engineers, technicians and scientists of today and tomorrow.
A statement from Semta's Chairman
The global economy continues to present significant challenges to the UK. The response to this challenge and delivering sustainable growth must be powered by the skills and entrepreneurship of people. In short, the talent of our current and future workforce is an intrinsic part of securing growth and prosperity and never has this been more apparent than in these difficult economic times.
Read more from Semta Chairman, Allan Cook CBE
A copy of Semta's annual financial statements is available on request from firstname.lastname@example.org
Semta's Strategic Objectives
The strategic objectives defined for Semta's key activities are:
- To be a sustainable not for profit organisation, independent of EAL surpluses and Investment income.
- To further develop Semta Group
Semta Future Enterprise
- To sell employers and Awarding Organisations Semta’s USP (bespoke National Occupational Standards and Apprenticeship Frameworks). Sell Engineering Workforce Planning expertise and Business Improvement Techniques to help employers deliver economic prosperity and job growth.
- To reduce costs and increase efficiency through progressive IT improvement, lean business improvement and emphasis on outsourcing by March 2014
- To be central to powerful alliances and hold key influencing position, to be the “go to” place for Skills by employers, government and industry organisations. Embed Semta into Employers – to be the partners of choice for bidding and up skilling
- To reinvest in line with Charitable Objectives up to 50% of EAL cash generation into non-funded sector up-skilling, to provide the sector with CIAG (Careers, Information, Advice and Guidance) Research, Skills Competitions, and Employer Regional and Sector Groups
Semta Marketing and Communications
- To completely re-invigorate the 5 Ps of the Marketing Mix and our internal communications to drive the achievement of Semta's strategy
- Delivering a highly engaged, performance driven organisation that recognises, rewards the right behaviour, innovation and business results.
- Research and ROI (Return on Investment) to support the business case for increased employer spend where there is a real need, with employers who have a budget or where there is funding.